Resident Resources

How Can We Help?

Community Guidelines & Resources

Where Can I Find the Rules and Regulations for My Community?

The Resident Guide outlines the community guidelines for Knox Hills.

How Do I Contact My Community Office?

North & South Dietz Community Office: 502-799-6570
Historic Community Office: 502-799-6560
Oak Park Community Office: 502-799-6580

Property Manager:

Are pets allowed?

Yes, we gladly welcome four-legged family members at Knox Hills. Please see the Animal Policy for more information about our pet policy and information about restricted breeds.

Are there any special safety features or tips about my home or community I should know about?

We have put together a short video highlighting fire, child, water and neighborhood safety.
Click Here to watch the video

Am I allowed to run a business from my home?

Knox Hills does permit residents to use homes for certain business ventures. CLICK HERE to review our Home-Based Business Application. Child care services are permitted only if the resident has been accredited through the Fort Knox MWR. Contact your community office for more information.

Are guests allowed to stay with me?

Residents are permitted to have guests stay with them, however the guests are not permitted to bring pets with them during their stay with you. Knox Hills requires notification for a guest planning to stay in your home for more than 15 days. Visits of more than 30 consecutive days or 45 days in a calendar year require written permission and approval from Knox Hills. You can view the Knox Hills Visitor Notification Form by clicking here.

I’m going to be out of town for a while. Is there anyone who can keep an eye on my house?

We’d be happy to keep an eye on your home! Fill out an “I’ll Be Back” form and turn it into the Community Center office.

Storm Water Pollution Prevention

Knox Hills is committed to promoting a clean and sustainable living environment for all residents. In line with federal, state, and installation storm water requirements, we would like to remind you about the importance of adhering to environmental management protection provisions. Click here to view our storm water pollution prevention resource or do not hesitate to reach out to the Environmental Management Division of Fort Knox for more information by visiting


How Do I Report a Maintenance Issue?

If you are experiencing a maintenance issue in your home, contact the Maintenance Solution Center (MSC) at (502) 799-6565 as soon as possible. For routine service requests, you may also submit your maintenance request online

With the MSC, you can expect: 

  • Upgraded call handling and customer experience
  • US-based representatives with strong facilities knowledge
  • New call back feature offered to avoid wait times
  • Appointment notifications and reminders
  • Superior response and specialized technician assignments
Our experienced customer service agents are available for 19-hours each weekday to assist you with routine, urgent and emergency service requests. When a request occurs on a weekend or after hours, your MSC call will be handled by an automated after-hours service that puts you in direct contact with the technician who will be responding to your urgent or emergency request. Click here for more information on the MSC. 

Don’t forget to download the Lendlease US Communities App and enable notifications to receive an alert when the maintenance technician is on their way to your home!

Are any items available for pick-up by residents?

The items below are available to residents by visiting their community office:

  • Specialty bulbs (to include pop canister lights/outside light for Anderson Greens) (exchange one for one - must bring in blown bulb)
  • Window blind vanes (up to five per month)
  • Fluorescent lights (exchange one for one - must bring in blown bulb)
  • Appliance bulbs (exchange one for one - must bring in blown bulb)
  • Chandelier bulbs (exchange one for one - must bring in blown bulb)
  • Furnace filters
  • Spigot key to Anderson Greens homes
  • Grass seed (seasonal item)
  • Batteries for smoke alarms and garage door openers (exchange one for one - must bring in dead battery for replacement)
  • Rubber sink stopper

Please note, residents are asked to contact our maintenance team at 502-799-6565 to request the following items:

  • Toilet seats
  • LED Bulbs (standard)
  • Drip pan

Home Alterations

How Do I Submit Requests to Alter My Home?

Knox Hills does allow limited modifications within the homes. For more information on the approved colors for paint modifications, review our paint request form and click here to submit your request electronically. If you’re interested in installing a satellite dish, or installing a fence, please review the Installation of Improvements to Knox Hills Residences and return the necessary paperwork. For other modification requests, please contact a member of your community office.

Refuse, Recycle & Landscaping

When can I expect the trash and recycling to be picked up?

Trash & Recycling Schedule

When is the grass cut?

Mowing Schedule

Can I maintain my own yard?

Yes, residents are permitted to maintain their own yards. Please review our No Mow/No Spray Policy for Residents. You can fill out the form and return to your community office where you will be issued a sign to place in your front yard to notify our grounds crew that you proudly maintain your own yard.

Weather Preparedness

Severe weather can happen anytime and anywhere.

View our Tornado and Severe Weather Safety Tips to help be better prepared for severe weather.

Departing Residents

I’m moving out. What now?

Our goal is to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. Check out our Resources for Departing Residents page for important information and details on the move-out process.

Common Questions

I have a pet that I must surrender. How do I go about doing this?

Residents who need to surrender a pet should follow the guidelines published in our Stray Animal SOP, which includes information and charges for surrendering a pet. Click here to review.

What is the protocol for weapon registration on Fort Knox?

All firearms must be registered on Fort Knox. Please click here and follow the instructions provided.

Renters Insurance

Is renter's insurance required?

Beginning April 1, 2023, renters insurance is required at time of move-in and must be maintained at all times during residency with Knox Hills at the expense of the resident. Renters insurance protects you from claims for property damage and physical injury caused by or to you, a member of your family or a guest while living in your home. The lease requires proof of insurance coverage meeting the minimum requirements with Knox Hills named as an interested party at time of move-in.

Minimum Required Insurance Coverage:

  • Limits of liability in an amount of at least $100,000 per occurrence

Knox Hills strongly recommends you add property insurance to cover losses or damage to your personal belongings or the personal belongings of your family or guests. Please keep in mind that Knox Hills will not cover the loss of or damage to your personal property or the personal property of your family members or guests.

You may choose any renters insurance provider. We offer ResidentShield to residents as an easy and affordable option for renters insurance. Visit for more information or to sign up today!

If you fail to obtain and maintain liability insurance as required by your lease, you will be in violation of your obligation under the lease. For more information, click here.

Provide Feedback

Tell Us How We're Doing!

Our team is committed to providing you with great customer service and community programs. Feedback you provide through SatisFacts surveys help us make improvements that are important to you. Click here to provide us with feedback about services received from our leasing, maintenance, and community teams. We also encourage you to share your ideas and suggestions to improve services and enhance community activities and programs.

Tenant Bill of Rights / Tenant Responsibilities

Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Bill of Rights.
Click here to view a copy of the Tenant Responsibilities.

Dispute Resolution Process

What is the process to escalate a concern related to my home or community?

Informal Dispute Resolution Process – All Residents
Knox Hills takes resident concerns very seriously and desires to address and resolve any issues in a timely manner to the satisfaction of all parties involved. Click here to view a copy of our informal dispute resolution process as well as key points of contact available to assist you with your concerns.

Formal Dispute Resolution Process – Active Duty Residents
Our vision is to provide outstanding communities where military families live, work, and thrive. If you do not feel your concerns have been effectively addressed in a timely manner through the informal dispute resolution process above, a formal dispute resolution process which involves the Military Housing Office and the Installation Command has been outlined in Schedule 3 of the NDAA Universal Lease for Active Duty residents. To view the details of this program available for you or to begin the process, click here.

Click here to view the Department of The Army Memorandum CPM 600-24, Subject: Command Policy Memorandum – U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC) Universal Lease and Dispute Resolution Policy Guidance for Privatized Military Housing. This memo outlines the detailed process for Army locations.

We are committed to providing an exceptional resident experience while you call Knox Hills home. Please reach out to your community office with any questions or to escalate a concern related to your home or community.

COVID-19 Information

Where can I find information about COVID-19?

Please visit the CDC’s COVID-19 webpage for up-to-date information and guidance on COVID-19.